The Carson College’s professional academic advisors guide you on your way to success.
Drop-in advising is a chance to get a quick question answered by a Carson Center academic advisor. During the times listed below, advisors will meet with students on a first-come-first-serve basis. To meet with your advisor outside of drop-in times, please schedule an appointment via Navigate, or email your advisor directly.
For questions about business minors or changing to a business major, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Drop-In Advising Schedule|
|Aug 10 – 21||Pre-scheduled advising only.
No drop-in advising
|Week of Aug 24-28||Mon-Fri (9:00-4:00)|
|Aug 31 – Dec 18||Mon, Wed & Thurs (8:15-9:30 AM)|
Please note: Drop-in advising will not be held on holidays and during Thanksgiving and Winter breaks.
What to expect from your Advisor
Advising is a partnership. Your advisor will help you successfully complete your Carson College of Business education by doing the following:
- Explaining options for business majors in line with your interests and goals
- Educating and verifying appropriate course selection
- Helping you better understand college and university rules, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Referring you to other campus resources as necessary
How to reap the most benefit from advising
- Meet with your advisor at least once per semester
- Familiarize yourself with your academic requirements in my.WSU
- Learn the business certification process requirements, including GPA, courses, and credits
- Confirm that your WSU email or forward is working. This is the University’s official means of communication.
- Make your appointment well before priority registration. If you must cancel, be sure to notify your advisor.
- Actively take part in the advising process. Ask questions, be prepared, and participate.