The Carson College’s professional academic advisors guide you on your way to success.
Drop-in advising is a chance to get a quick question answered by a Carson Center academic advisor. During the times listed below, advisors will meet with students on a first-come-first-serve basis. To meet with your advisor outside of drop-in times, please schedule an appointment via Navigate, or email your advisor directly.
For questions about business minors or changing to a business major, please email: email@example.com.
|Spring 2021 Drop-In Advising Schedule|
|January 19 – 22, 2021||Monday – Friday
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
1:30 – 3:00 pm
|All advisors will be available.||Zoom Link|
|January 24 – May 7, 2021||Mondays
8:15 – 9:30 am
8:15 – 9:30 am
What to expect from your Advisor
Advising is a partnership. Your advisor will help you successfully complete your Carson College of Business education by doing the following:
- Explaining options for business majors in line with your interests and goals
- Educating and verifying appropriate course selection
- Helping you better understand college and university rules, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Referring you to other campus resources as necessary
How to reap the most benefit from advising
- Meet with your advisor at least once per semester
- Familiarize yourself with your academic requirements in my.WSU
- Learn the business certification process requirements, including GPA, courses, and credits
- Confirm that your WSU email or forward is working. This is the University’s official means of communication.
- Make your appointment well before priority registration. If you must cancel, be sure to notify your advisor.
- Actively take part in the advising process. Ask questions, be prepared, and participate.