The Carson College’s professional academic advisors guide you on your way to success.
Drop-in advising for academic advising will typically be held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:15 – 9:15 am during Fall and Spring semesters. Drop-in advising will not be held during Winter break or Summer semester. To meet with an advisor outside of drop-in times, please schedule an appointment via Navigate: https://navigate.wsu.edu or email your advisor directly.
For questions about business minors or changing to a business major, please email: email@example.com
Making an appointment
Schedule your advising appointment with your academic advisor:
Get assistance at the front desk.
Be sure to schedule your appointment early!
What to expect from your Advisor
Advising is a partnership. Your advisor will help you successfully complete your Carson College of Business education by doing the following:
- Explaining options for business majors in line with your interests and goals
- Educating and verifying appropriate course selection
- Helping you better understand college and university rules, policies, regulations, and procedures
- Referring you to other campus resources as necessary
How to reap the most benefit from advising
- Meet with your advisor at least once per semester
- Familiarize yourself with your academic requirements in my.WSU
- Learn the business certification process requirements, including GPA, courses and credits
- Confirm that your WSU email or forward is working. This is the university’s official means of communication.
- Make your appointment well before priority registration. If you must cancel, be sure to notify your advisor.
- Actively take part in the advising process. Ask questions, be prepared, and participate.