The International Business Institute mobilizes faculty, staff, and students to engage in scholarly activities that transcend borders. The Institute provides Carson College students with firsthand knowledge of other nations’ cultural and business practices—giving graduates a competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
- Creating global learning opportunities: Develop study abroad and internship experiences
- Partnering with universities worldwide: Develop and maintain collaborative education programs with institutions in Switzerland and China. In addition, play an active role in the Consortium for Undergraduate International Business Education (CUIBE).
- Partnering with international organizations: Forge relationships with companies that offer students valuable professional experience
- Preparing students for global entrepreneurship: Teach students how to launch ventures that reach beyond the United States
- Administering the international business curriculum: Advise majors, too.
The Carson College awards scholarships three times annually to help students complete international experiences.
Internships and careers
You can find a wide selection of international internships and career opportunities with the Institute’s partner organizations worldwide.
Core participating faculty
International business fellows span the breadth of academic departments within the Carson College.
|Sung Ahn||Finance and Management Science|
|Mark Beattie||School of Hospitality Business Management|
|Jamie Callison||School of Hospitality Business Management|
|Jessica Cassleman||International Business|
|Mauricio Featherman||Entrepreneurship and Information Systems|
|Stergios Fotopoulos||Finance and Management Science|
|Dogan Gursoy||School of Hospitality Business Management|
|Jim Harbour||School of Hospitality Business Management|
|Kal Joshi||Management, Information Systems, and Entrepreneurship|
|Bob Harrington||SHBM (Tri-Cities)|
|Kim Houser||Accounting (Business Law)|
|Marie Mayes||Center for Entrepreneurial Studies|
|Jenny Kim||School of Hospitality Business Management|
|Gene Lai||Finance and Management Science|
|Byron Marlowe||SHBM (Tri-Cities)|
|Nik Nikolov||Marketing and International Business|
|Mario Reyes||Finance and Management Science|
|Greg Rose||Management, Information Systems, and Entrepreneurship – Vancouver|
|Arvin Sahaym||Management, Information Systems, and Entrepreneurship|
|Florian Zach||School of Hospitality Business Management – Vancouver|
Jessica D. Cassleman, Assistant Dean
International Business Institute
Carson College of Business
Johnson Tower 426
PO Box 644730
Washington State University
Pullman, WA U.S.A.
M–F, 8:00–12:00 p.m., 1:00–5:00 p.m.
International Study Abroad Coordinator:
Courtney A. Jackson
Todd Hall 101-B