Center for Entrepreneurial Studies in the Commons Collaboration Center enables students to learn the hands-on skills and teamwork necessary to go from creating a prototype to developing a business plan to ultimately launching a commercially viable product and business. Students learn by doing–building analytical and leadership skills so that they’re ready for success in existing companies and new ventures alike.
Commons Collaboration Center
Located on the first floor of the Commons building, The Commons Collaboration Center is a shared work space where students can gather and engage with experienced entrepreneurs and interdisciplinary faculty while connecting with like-minded peers. The facility provides collaboration rooms, video conference capabilities, meeting space for entrepreneurship groups and clubs, printing, faculty office hours, fun games and other resources.
START YOUR EXPLORATION HERE!
- Business Plan Competition
Vying for more than $50,000 in prize money, multidisciplinary student teams present their entrepreneurial ideas to real investors.
- Terry Sparks Program
This program offers freshmen and sophomores the opportunity to start their own small business with the support of a team of mentors and a little money to get their project off the ground.
- Jones Milestone Accelerator
The WSU Herbert B. Jones Milestone Accelerator is a six-month program that helps student-led companies set a path to success.
- Harold Frank Engineering Entrepreneurship Institute
This year-long experiential program helps students understand how to launch and grow a technology company. Previous scholars have emerged from the program with the basic knowledge needed to start their own high-tech ventures.
- E-Connect Program
Sponsored by Boeing, this scholarship program immerses freshmen and sophomores in entrepreneurship-related activities.
- Center for Entrepreneurial Studies Service Scholarship
Supported by Don & Mary Ann Parachini and Bill & Mary Lynn Graber, this scholarship supports students of all majors who want to get involved in the WSU entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Additional Entrepreneurship Scholarships
If you are interested in an internship please contact Judy Hopkins
Your Generous Support
Moves Ideas to Impact
Mentor the next generation
of entrepreneurial minded Cougs!
- Jun. 4: Amazon Catalyst Grants Awarded
- May 25: BeeToxx Wins 3rd Place at UW Business Plan Competition
- Apr. 20: Student venture teams compete for $67,000 at WSU’s 16th Annual Business Plan Competition
- Mar. 29: History Made at Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge – BeeToxx
- Oct. 23: Amazon Catalyst program welcomed to WSU campus
- Puyallup entrepreneur transforms unemployment into sweet cheesecake success
- Oct. 26: Panel eyes opportunities for women in finance, entrepreneurship, management information systems
- Sept. 1: Student entrepreneurship program info session
- 15th Annual Business Plan Competition winners announced
- April 20: WSU Innovation Corps encourages entrepreneurship
Recent press coverage
Bellevue Start-up Creates Human Digital Billboards
October 16, 2017
Nomad Technologies Gives College Students Gigs as Human Billboards
October 27, 2017
The Seattle Times
Student Startups Find Jones + Foster Accelerator Success
March 03, 2017
University of Washington Foster School Blog
WSU Grads Utilize Walking Billboards
November 19, 2016
Moscow Pullman Daily News
“Engage Succeeds in UW Business Competition”
May 27, 2016
“Biotech startup Engage wins the University of Washington’s first Health Innovation Challenge”
March 4, 2016
In Case You Missed It:
Joelle Kaufman, Work and Balance like a Ninja – Constructing a Career You Love That Fits Your Life.