Center for Entrepreneurial Studies in the Carson College of Business enables students to learn the hands-on skills and teamwork necessary to go from creating a prototype to developing a business plan to ultimately launching a commercially viable product and business. Students learn by doing–building analytical and leadership skills so that they’re ready for success in existing companies and new ventures alike.
Programs for undergraduates
- Business Plan Competition
Vying for more than $50,000 in prize money, multidisciplinary student teams present their entrepreneurial ideas to real investors.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week
The Carson College participates in this worldwide celebration with an event that inspires innovation and job creation.
- Alpha Kappa Psi
A nationwide business fraternity that helps members develop professional and leadership skills
- Delta Sigma Pi
A worldwide business fraternity that engages its members in professional development activities and community service, while providing many networking opportunities
- Frank Fellows Program
This year-long experiential program helps students understand how to launch and grow a technology company. Previous scholars have emerged from the program with the basic knowledge needed to start their own high-tech ventures.
- Boeing Scholars
A scholarship program that forms multidisciplinary teams of students to develop solutions to problems posed by The Boeing Company.
- Boeing e-Connections Program
A scholarship program that immerses freshmen and sophomores in entrepreneurship-related activities
- Additional Entrepreneurship Scholarships
If you are interested in an internship please contact Marie Mayes.
Internships Open Doors-spotlight feature
Recent press coverage
WSU Grads Utilize Walking Billboards
November 19, 2016
Moscow Pullman Daily News
“Engage Succeeds in UW Business Competition”
May 27, 2016
“Biotech startup Engage wins the University of Washington’s first Health Innovation Challenge”
March 4, 2016
Wednesday, September 7, 2016 @ 5:15 PM –
WSU I-Corps Kickoff
- Learn about what I-Corps can do for you and the opportunities that WSU offers for faculty and student entrepreneurs.
- Meet WSU’s newest entrepreneurs and the Faculty Ambassadors who will be helping them on their journey from idea to startup.
- Build your local network at the reception following a brief presentation.
- Learn More
- BPC Resource Nights: Digital Marketing and Technical PR
- BPC Resource Nights: Venture Finance
- BPC Resource Nights: Art of the Pitch
In Case You Missed It:
Joelle Kaufman, Work and Balance like a Ninja – Constructing a Career You Love That Fits Your Life.
Marie Mayes, director
WSU Center for Entrepreneurial Studies