Center for Entrepreneurial Studies in the Carson College of Business enables students to learn the hands-on skills and teamwork necessary to go from creating a prototype to developing a business plan to ultimately launching a commercially viable product and business. Students learn by doing–building analytical and leadership skills so that they’re ready for success in existing companies and new ventures alike.
Programs for undergraduates
- Business Plan Competition
Vying for more than $50,000 in prize money, multidisciplinary student teams present their entrepreneurial ideas to real investors.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week
The Carson College participates in this worldwide celebration with an event that inspires innovation and job creation.
- Alpha Kappa Psi
A nationwide business fraternity that helps members develop professional and leadership skills
- Delta Sigma Pi
A worldwide business fraternity that engages its members in professional development activities and community service, while providing many networking opportunities
- Frank Fellows Program
This year-long experiential program helps students understand how to launch and grow a technology company. Previous scholars have emerged from the program with the basic knowledge needed to start their own high-tech ventures.
- Boeing Scholars
A scholarship program that forms multidisciplinary teams of students to develop solutions to problems posed by The Boeing Company.
- Boeing e-Connections Program
A scholarship program that immerses freshmen and sophomores in entrepreneurship-related activities
- Additional Entrepreneurship Scholarships
If you are interested in an internship please contact Marie Mayes.
Internships Open Doors-spotlight feature
- Puyallup entrepreneur transforms unemployment into sweet cheesecake success
- Oct. 26: Panel eyes opportunities for women in finance, entrepreneurship, management information systems
- Sept. 1: Student entrepreneurship program info session
- 15th Annual Business Plan Competition winners announced
- April 20: WSU Innovation Corps encourages entrepreneurship
Recent press coverage
Bellevue Start-up Creates Human Digital Billboards
October 16, 2017
Nomad Technologies Gives College Students Gigs as Human Billboards
October 27, 2017
The Seattle Times
Student Startups Find Jones + Foster Accelerator Success
March 03, 2017
University of Washington Foster School Blog
WSU Grads Utilize Walking Billboards
November 19, 2016
Moscow Pullman Daily News
“Engage Succeeds in UW Business Competition”
May 27, 2016
“Biotech startup Engage wins the University of Washington’s first Health Innovation Challenge”
March 4, 2016
- BPC: Resource Night: Digital Marketing and Technical PR
- BPC: Resource Night: Venture Finance
- BPC: Resource Night: The Art of the Pitch
In Case You Missed It:
Joelle Kaufman, Work and Balance like a Ninja – Constructing a Career You Love That Fits Your Life.