Learn how technology drives value in successful businesses
The annual Business Technology Symposium convenes a panel of technology executives from leading enterprises. Panelists discuss current and emerging issues facing information technology leaders.
Get ideas to advance your enterprise.
Explore opportunities that digital technology presents, and discover how you could harness them in your business.
Be inspired by top info tech executives.
2016 Master of Ceremonies:
Heidi M. Melin
Chief Marketing Officer
Heidi Melin is an experienced executive with over 20 years of experience in marketing in the technology industry. She develops strategic direction for the marketing initiatives of Plex Systems, Inc., a company focused on providing plant floor-focused Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to manufacturers in cloud.
Former Vice President of Information Technology
Steve Tarr (’76, ’84) has deep experiences providing strategic, tactical, and operational leadership in a wide range of industries including global telecommunications, health care, senior living, and education ranging from large corporations to startups. His work in high-pressure, highly regulated environments have delivered exceptional business growth and performance. Currently, he works with boards and CEOs to transform their organizations. He is the founder of the Business Technology Symposium at Washington State University.
Adriana Gil Miner
Vice President of Corporate Communications
Adriana Gil Miner heads up global corporate communications for Tableau. With over 15 years of technology marketing experience, she brings together the art of storytelling, technology, and marketing to create break through campaigns that help the bottom line and build up brands. She thrives on bringing new technologies to market and helping scale up marketing operations. She has helped launch Samsung 3D TVs, built digital platforms at American Express, and managed Recurring Payments, a top growth program. She also put the product innovation firm Artefact on the map. Gil Miner studied mass communication in her native Venezuela and obtained a master’s degree in digital communication from the University of Washington. She loves to travel and prides herself in discovering and nurturing up-and-coming marketer rock stars.
Justin Curtis (’01) heads up the product information technology department for Zumiez, an international specialty retailer with over 650 stores in four countries. Prior to starting with Zumiez in 2010, he spent nearly a decade providing business intelligence solutions to a variety of aerospace, banking and software development companies in the Seattle area. He has spent much of the last decade leading a team of technologists to implement a variety of technology solutions. He has been heavily involved in building those teams by recruiting, interviewing, and hiring recent college graduates for a variety for tech-related positions, including analysts, developers, and project managers. He is a proud graduate of Washington State University with a bachelor’s degree in management information systems.
Past presenters have included:
- Kris M. Kutchera, Vice President Information Technology, Alaska Airlines, Inc.
- Jeff Wile, Vice President of Cloud, Hosting & Engineering Services, Disney
- Tim Chrobuck, Chief Technology Officer, Community Transit
- Michel Danon, Chief Information Officer, Sound Transit
- Mike Dreyer, Chief Information Officer, Visa
- Rory Hudson, Vice President of IT, Zumiez
- Marianne Marck, Senior VP Consumer Technology, Starbucks
- Paul Moulton, Executive VP and Chief Information Officer, Costco
- Kaj Pederson, Senior VP of Technology, Pharmacy OneSource
- Ingvar Petursson, Chief Information Officer, Expedia
- Andy Reinland, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, F5 Networks
- Chip Suttles, Vice President of Technology, Seahawks, Sounders, and First & Goal
- Steve Tarr, Chief Information Officer, Scottsdale Lincoln Healthcare
- Jason Waram, Vice President of Personalized Platforms, ESPN
- Dave Weinmeister, Chief Information Officer, Foster Farms
- Dennis Korevitski, Chief Information Officer, Sonosite
- Erik Arnold, Chief Information Officer, PATH
- Joel Chaplin, Chief Information Officer, Virtuouso
- Rietta Stoneman, Vice President of IT, VoiceStream
Talk about tough issues you face.
Discuss the challenges of being a senior technology executive with a high level of corporate responsibility.
The public and students of all disciplines are welcome to attend. Click here for event information.
Global Campus students can watch the event through the live-stream during the event.
Thanks to our sponsors
Steve and Cyndie Tarr
Mike and Amy Dreyer
For more information on sponsoring events, please contact:
Assistant director, alumni and industry relations