Nothing is appreciated more than a kind letter of thanks! Carson College of Business scholarships are made possible by contributions from generous donors who have expressed their belief in the importance of a college education by making an investment in your future. Every Carson scholarship recipient is required to submit a thank you letter to receive their scholarship. A thank you letter to the donor who made this scholarship possible may be the key to future gifts to Carson College of Business scholarships.
Students will have one week from initial notification to complete their letters and submit it to email@example.com to complete the acceptance process.
- Thank you letter should be typed into a word document (or any editable version) in proper letter format.
- Make sure to check for spelling, grammar, and overall organization of your letter. You want your letter to reflect the world-class education you are receiving as a Carson Cougar.
- Remember to proofread!
- Always reference the specific scholarship you are receiving. If you are receiving multiple scholarships, you must submit a letter for each individual award.
- Thank you letters should be between 2-3 paragraphs long.
- Check suitable for upcoming Scholarship Workshops offered by our scholarship.
What to include:
- Tell your donor about yourself. Donors want to know your dreams and goals, so information you disclose could include hometown, major, year in school and post-graduation plans.
- What you have been involved in since becoming a WSU student, including internships, business clubs, workshops, other WSU involvement opportunities, community service, and research opportunities. Share how this evolved your college experience and how these experiences will affect you after graduation.
- How this scholarship will help you reach your academic, professional, and personal goals.
- Select scholarships will ask for specific information requested by the donor, please address the scholarship criteria and how they apply to you.
- Include ways you plan to give back to the WSU community and what inspired you to call WSU your school of choice. Donors like to see that our future cougs have an investment in the academic growth of those who follow them.
- If you have questions or if you need help in composing your thank you letter, please contact our Scholarship Coordinator in the Carson Center for Student Success.