Nothing is appreciated more than a kind letter of thanks! Carson College of Business scholarships are made possible by contributions from generous donors who have expressed their belief in the importance of a college education by making an investment in your future. A thank you letter to the donor who made this scholarship possible may be the key to future gifts to Carson College of Business scholarships.
- Thank you letters should be neatly hand-written on stationary or typed in proper letter format.
- Make sure to check spelling, grammar, and organization of your letter. You want your letter to reflect the world-class education you are receiving from the Carson College of Business. Remember to proofread!
- Always reference the specific scholarship you are receiving, and address the letter to the specific donor. If you are receiving more than one scholarship, you must write a letter for each one.
What to include:
- Tell the donor about yourself, including your hometown, major, year in school, and post-graduation plans
- What you’ve been involved in, including internships, business club memberships, other WSU involvement opportunities, community service, and research opportunities.
- How this specific scholarship will help you reach your academic, professional, or personal goals.
- Some scholarships have specific information that would have been included in your award letter, regarding why you were awarded the scholarship. Please address the scholarship criteria, if listed, in the letter and how they apply to you.
- If you have questions or if you need help in composing your thank you letter, please contact a Career Consultant in the Carson Center for Student Success.