Financial Management Module is Ready!
Education. Research. Service.
Serving as a transdisciplinary global institute
for operations excellence in senior living
The non-credit, online, on-demand certificate program in Senior Living Management will benefit those who want to:
- Gain a better understanding of the industry
- Assess how their existing knowledge, skills and abilities transfer to the senior living business
- Enhance their opportunity to advance to the next level within their current organization
- CEU’s available! (Submit forms prior to registration for full credit)
The certificate program focuses on the following key areas of the senior living business:
- Foundations of Senior Living
- Care and Services
- Understand the development of effective care planning, coordination, and management
- Appreciate the principles of the aging process
- Identify essential elements of wellness
- Use resources, referrals, and third-party providers
- Demonstrate principles and practices of proper documentation
- Model servant leadership, emotional intelligence, and the balanced scorecard to build a healthy culture
- Execute a strategic plan, particularly for resource allocation
- Conduct a SWOT analysis for maintenance of a viable market position
- Manage the Human Resources functions and continuous growth of the talent pipeline
- Prioritize involvement in the external community for positive visibility, fundraising, event participation, and general support
- Operations Management
- Risk and Regulation
- Sales and Marketing
- Implement effective strategies to maximize community occupancy and revenues
- Manage outreach to consumers through relationship development
- Create an annual marketing plan
- Establish targets and performance metrics with clear accountabilities
- Evaluate market position and make strategic adjustments when necessary
- Financial Management
- Understand the business model of senior living
- Apply basic accounting concepts to the process of financial management
- Assimilate the information to prepare and execute a budget
- Forecast revenues and expenses
- Explain the basics of value creation
|$2,250 for entire certificate program
$350 for individual modules
|Approximately 10-15 hours per module|
|To provide core content which allows those interested in the business of senior living to develop skills and knowledge in key aspects of senior living management.|
|Assessment may include quizzes, exams, written work, and other related projects depending on the module.|
|Students must successfully pass each course module. Students are responsible for any expenses incurred or any required textbooks or materials. Modules can be taken separately and in any order.|
The senior living industry outpaced average U.S. job growth by 3.7%.
More than 20% of people 75 years and older live in a seniors housing property.
Argentum, the nation’s largest senior living association, predicts the senior living industry will need 1.8 million more employees in the next decade.
According to Age Wave, eventually 70% of people age 50 and older will need long-term care in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are Financial Aid or Scholarships available for the certificate programs?
No, you will not receive academic credits or pay ‘tuition’ to a state university. You are paying a fee to participate in a certification program, therefore, Financial Aid and Scholarships are not available.
Q. Can I use VA Benefits to pay for the program?
No, the certificate program is a certification program which does not offer college credits or lead to a degree, therefore it does not qualify for VA Benefits.
Q. Is the registration fee tax deductible like college tuition?
No, for the same reasons as the above two questions, the registration fee does not qualify for a tuition deduction. However, it may qualify as a business education deduction if you have a business. You should talk to a tax accountant regarding the business deduction.
Q. How much time should I plan on spending on the program?
The time commitment for the program will vary with each participant depending on background, education and experience. It will also vary depending on the course content, with some being more demanding than others.
Q. What exactly is an online class?
An online class is simply a class where we meet virtually over the Internet. You can participate in this class from the comfort of your home or wherever you have a computer and online access. You can participate in the lessons whenever the timing is best for you. You do not have to be present at a certain time.