WSU Carson College Honors Graduating Seniors with Top GPAs

By Becky Kramer

Three Carson College of Business seniors are receiving Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Keys for achieving 4.0 grade point averages during their time at WSU.

“The Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key annually recognizes top scholarship across graduating seniors studying business,” says Ashley Kuznia, a career advisor at the Carson Center for Student Success and the club advisor. “Even more impressive, these achievements occurred while these students were balancing multiple responsibilities such as peer tutoring, club leadership, and remote internships.”

The students honored are:

Kelsey Cottrell

Majors: Business Management and Management Information Systems

Hometown: Olympia

After graduation: I will be working full-time at Boeing as a procurement agent with the team I interned with last summer.

Most important thing I’ve learned: Beyond the traditional learning in the classroom, there are always underutilized opportunities and resources available. I was able to benefit from the resources the college had to offer and found that reaching out to professors always goes a long way.

How will this help me achieve my goals: I’m better at networking and making the most of opportunities available to me.

Brittany McCardle

Majors: Accounting and Management Information Systems

Hometown: Sunnyside

After graduation: I will be working full time as a tax associate at BDO USA in Seattle while studying for the CPA exam. After completing the exam, I hope to attend graduate school.

Most important thing I learned: Keeping an open mind to my peers’ ideas and backgrounds allows me to gain so much more value in my learning experience. I’ve met many other students who have introduced me to new ways of thinking.

How will it help me achieve my goals: The business world relies heavily on innovation and teamwork. While at WSU, I have learned a lot about what it means to be part of a team. Being able to collaborate will help me in my career and with my continuous efforts to improve myself.

Emily Paup

Majors: Marketing and Psychology

Hometown: Kennewick

After graduation: I will be working as an opportunity analyst with NewEdge in Richland.

Most important thing I learned: Always utilize the resources you are given as much as possible. Carson College and WSU have so many amazing professors, graduate students, and staff who just want to help any way they can.

How will it help me achieve my goals: Going forward in my career, having the mentality of being willing to ask for help when it’s needed helps save time on miscommunication and frustrations. It will make me a better coworker and employee.