The Carson College’s professional academic advisors guide you on your way to success.
The Carson Center for Student Success has scheduled drop-in hours for general questions that can be answered in less than 10 minutes. Students may see the advisor on duty even if he/she is not the student’s assigned advisor.
- M – W – F: 1:00 – 3:00 P.M.
- T – Thurs: 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Making an appointment
Schedule your advising appointment with your academic advisor:
Get assistance at the front desk.
Be sure to schedule your appointment early!
What to expect from your Advisor
Advising is a partnership. Your advisor will help you successfully complete your Carson College of Business education by doing the following:
- Explaining options for business majors in line with your interests and goals
- Educating and verifying appropriate course selection
- Helping you better understand college and university rules, policies, regulations and procedures
- Referring you to other campus resources as necessary
How to reap the most benefit from advising
- Meet with your advisor at least once per semester
- Familiarize yourself with your Academic Requirements in my.WSU
- Learn the business certification process requirements, including GPA, courses and credits
- Confirm that your WSU email or forward is working. This is the university’s official means of communication.
- Make your appointment well before priority registration. If you must cancel, be sure to notify your advisor.
- Actively take part in the advising process. Ask questions, be prepared, and participate.