Carson College of Business Salary & Benefits
Salary & Benefits
It is easy to say that everyone obviously wants a good and fair wage. What are typical salaries in your field? What kinds of benefits should you expect on the job? How can you find out this information?
- Tips on negotiating salary and benefits
- Do your research first! Figure out what is considered reasonable for your job, with your level of experience and education, while in that location.
- Determine what you need in order to live comfortably.
- Get your offer in writing. Ask for time to consider (at least overnight!) Determine if it is a reasonable salary for you.
- Do not be shy about asking questions of the employer about wages or benefits you do not understand.
- ALWAYS be respectful –even if you decline the offer!
- Realize that your income includes both salary/wages AND benefits.
- Statistics (add stats here when we get them)