Learn more about social entrepreneurship by taking part in this Spring Break program to Belize. Be introduced to the challenges of cross cultural communication in Belize (a country with many languages and subcultures), and learn to understand the local business practices in the Western side of the country. Students will participate in a service-learning project to apply the theories and practices of social entrepreneurship while in Belize while also gaining an understanding of the business and environment with the challenges of dealing with cultural differences in a developing country.
San Ignacio, Belize
Places of Study: San Ignacio, Belize
March 12 – 21 (Spring Break 2021)2021 PROGRAM CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Program will return in Spring 2022
Course credit: WSU course, 3 credits
Expenses (excluding air, WSU tuition & fees): TBA (+ WSU full time tuition)
Scholarships Available?: Yes
Financial aid applies?: Yes
Locations courses, and prices are subject to change.
- Learn about and test your ideas for social enterprise in a challenging environment.
- Visit sites of ancient Mayan civilization and natural wonders, including the world’s second largest barrier reef.
- Interact with diverse cultures where native speakers of English, Spanish, Creole, Mayan, Garifuna, German and other languages are heard on the street.
Language and Culture
- Application deadline for program: October 25
- Carson College of Business Study Abroad Scholarship: October 1, 2020
- Apply online or visit International Programs Global Learning in Bryan 10
Contact Courtney Anne Jackson
Todd Hall 101 B