Beta Alpha Psi is a national scholastic and professional organization for future financial information professionals. Washington State University’s chapter is one of the 238 chapters in the nation. Its purpose includes the following:
- Recognition of outstanding academic achievements
- Promotion of the study and practice of accounting and related disciplines
- Provision of opportunities for self-development
- Association among members and practitioners
- Encouragement of a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility
Practitioners from public accounting firms, industry, and government meet regularly with Beta Alpha Psi members to discuss issues related to professional practice and to careers. Members also mentor other students and perform community service, such as helping local citizens complete tax forms.