A Carson Coug Gives Back

Recent Graduate Reciprocates Donor Generosity

By Sue McMurray

Sarah Beaudry2
Sarah Beaudry
Hospitality business management graduate Sarah Beaudry (’16) has just begun her career with Marriott International as a participant in the Voyage Global Leadership Development Program. The program provides recent graduates hands-on experience and training and a comprehensive understanding of Marriott’s broad portfolio of global brands and exposure to a number of career opportunities worldwide.

For the next 12 to 18 months, she will work as a culinary voyager at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Phoenix, learning about management and banquet operation at the resort’s five restaurants. She will assist with menu development, product purchasing, and other management responsibilities. Her long-term goal is to move into a management position within Marriott International.

Prior to graduating, scholarships allowed Beaudry to study abroad through the food and wine program at the Apicius International School of Hospitality in Florence, Italy and complete an internship at the JW  Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, California. Beaudry and many other Carson College students were able to continue their education and participate in global experiences thanks to the generosity of many donors, alumni, and friends of the college.

“I am so grateful to donors for their generosity and commitment to the WSU family,” she says. “Without the scholarships and the amazing support I received, I would not be where I am today.”

Sarah BeaudryShe decided to pay it back by donating to the Carson College.

“I wanted to give back to those who have already taught me so much and helped me excel professionally,” says Beaudry. “From studying abroad, to the endless support I have received from the HBM faculty, I couldn’t have asked for a better academic college experience.”

Her and other students’ contributions supported CarsonCougsGive20.16, a student philanthropy campaign that unites recent Carson graduates and challenges them to leave their own mark by donating to help future Carson College Cougs.

From her first visit to campus, she could feel that WSU was a family. Through student clubs and organizations, she developed a large network of family, other students, and hospitality industry professionals.

“I wanted to say ‘yes’ to as many adventures as possible at WSU. Scholarships really helped me take advantage of as many opportunities as possible and exceed my goals,” she says.

The best thing about WSU is that no matter what, Cougs support other Cougs, Beaudry says. “I would love to not only give back financially but also come back to the WSU School of Hospitality Business Management and share valuable knowledge and experiences I’ve gained from working professionally.”

Click for more information on how you can invest in the Carson College of Business to support students like Sarah, or contact Jeff Pilcher at jeff.pilcher@wsu.edu or 509‑335‑8906.