This scholarship has been created to honor the memory of Delbert J. Hayes, who graduated from Clarkston High School in 1953 and went on to study accounting at Washington State University, graduating in 1957. Del was raised in the Clarkston Heights area, where his parents maintained a family farm and orchard.
Del married his high school sweetheart, Sandra (Fred), graduated from Washington State, and began work as an accountant. After many years working in public and private accounting, Del joined Blue Ribbon Sports (which later became Nike), as one of its early employees, eventually serving as Nike’s Executive Vice President from 1980 until his retirement in 1995. He continued to serve on Nike’s Board of Directors until 2005.
Full-Ride: Complete cost of attendance to WSU (tuition, fees, housing, books, dining). This scholarship will automatically renew for up to three years as long as the requirements are maintained.
- You must be a Clarkston High School Graduate
- You must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- You must be an Accounting Major
- You must include a 500-word essay on why you chose Accounting as your major and what your career plans are for the future. Please upload document as a pdf
- You must include a letter of recommendation. Please upload document as a pdf
Applications close March 15, 2024
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.