See your video on display at the CCB Study Abroad Film Festival!
Your video—credited with your name—could become the focal point of Carson College communications and marketing materials.
Take this opportunity to display your videography skills while giving back to the Carson College of Business.
Winners will receive a prize!
Videos can be shorts or documentaries created by students highlighting their study abroad experience. Students may use any medium to shoot their film (i.e. smartphones, GoPros, other apps, editing software, etc.).
The theme for this contest is “The Carson Experience Abroad”
- First Place winner will receive a $100 Barnes & Noble gift card
- Second Place winner will receive a $75 Barnes & Noble gift card
- Third Place winner will receive a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card
The CCB Study Abroad Film Festival is open to all CCB students who studied or interned abroad, or any WSU students who participated on a CCB faculty-led program. Entrants may submit up to 3 films.
- Time Limit: 60 seconds min-10 min max
- No alcohol, except in class related activities
- Preference will be given to films focused on cultural and educational footage
- No inappropriate language
Videos violating these rules will be automatically disqualified.
Submissions are due October 29, 2018 at midnight.
Festival will be held Nov. 8, 2018 at 4:15 p.m.
Film Festival finalists will be selected based on their ability to address the theme, entertainment value, and creativity.
Here are some activities to consider filming, but do not feel limited to these. Be creative and original!
- The classroom abroad
- Interactions with locals
- Cultural events
- Your faculty and classmates (with their permission!)
- Any program excursions (business or cultural)
- Everyday life abroad
- Avoid using party scenes!
Things to remember:
- Ask to take any pictures or videos of people or their merchandise
- Make sure you have the rights to any music you use
- Students will share their videos with Courtney Jackson via OneDrive (she can be contacted here)
- In order to upload to the shared folder, here are a few steps:
- Navigate to Office365.wsu.edu and log in with your WSU Network ID
- From here, select “OneDrive” from the list of apps available
- Select the section on the left-hand side labeled “Shared“
- After you have received the email from Courtney, you will see the folder show up in this section under the category “Shared with me“
- When you can see and have selected this folder, you will be able to add files to it
You can find more information about OneDrive on WSU’s Information Technology help page on this topic: ITS – OneDrive
If you have more questions, please contact:
Courtney Anne Jackson
Todd Hall Room 101B