Employers seek Coug graduates who are not only skilled in their specific disciplines, but who also have the soft skills necessary to integrate quickly and effectively into today’s complex work environments.
The goal of the Corporate Scholars Program is to provide high impact, interdisciplinary project team experiences to high-achieving WSU undergraduates. Companies furnish projects relevant to their industry, mentors for guidance, and funding to support scholarships and administrative costs.
The Corporate Scholar Program
Starting in their Junior year, Scholars participate in a specialized academic program to develop their collaboration, communication, problem-solving and design skills. In their senior year, Scholars complete their projects and present their results to their Corporate Sponsor.
Students who complete the Corporate Scholars Program begin their careers having met real-world industry challenges. They’ll learn to:
- Identify problems and solutions from multiple perspectives
- Collaborate with others who have very different thought processes, concerns and priorities
- Value the many different contributions necessary for complex projects to succeed
- Represent their discipline to others unfamiliar with it
- Navigate working beyond their comfort zone and embrace adaptation
- Act collectively to problem-solve in new environments through research and analysis
- Strategize solutions through uncertainty, ambiguity, and competing goals
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels of an organization and across diverse stakeholder