The Carson EDGE (Expanding Diverse Group Experiences) program is a Carson College of Business student success initiative providing support for first generation business students.
The program provides students with mentoring from a certified Carson Coug peer mentor and successful business leaders, expert guidance from a dedicated academic advisor and career consultant, and monthly activities which help them to build their professional networks and improve their college skills. Upon completion of the program, students who meet the scholarship criteria will be awarded $3,000 annually for up to three years. In addition, Carson EDGE participants who also successfully completed the Cougs Rise Summer Bridge Program will receive a first-year award of $2,000.
Renewal Deadline – May 3
Freshman Application Deadline – July 15
- $2,000 first-year award to Cougs Rise Summer Bridge Program participants
- $3,000 award each year for all those who complete EDGE program requirements, renewable up to three years
Requirements to Apply
- Freshman/First Year WSU Student
- First generation college student
- Declared one of the following academic interests at WSU: Pre-Business, Business (General), Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Hospitality Business Management, International Business, Management (Innovation & Change), Management (Human Resource Management), Management Information Systems (MIS), Marketing, Wine & Beverage Business Management
Requirements for Scholarship Award
- Successful completion of Carson EDGE program annually
- 2.6 cumulative GPA
- Continuing Academic Interest or Certified Major in Business
- Full-time student status on the Pullman campus